Thursday 13 February 2020

Welcome to my blog. The Savage Diaries


I have been toying with the idea of writing reviews, articles for my own blog for quite sometime. The main topics of my blog will be based around horror, books and gaming. 

My love of horror started around the tender age of 8 when I snuck the VHS tape of The Fly (1986) out of my parents house, I took it to a friends house for a sleepover, although after watching the film I had nightmares for weeks and almost instantly regretted my decision.

The next movie I dared to venture was Dolls (1986) the main reason for this was purely by the cover, it terrified me but something wanted me to watch it, i couldn't explain that feeling as a child but it was definitely the start of my horror journey. 

It wasn't until I was around 12 or so that i watched Fright Night (1985) this was the movie that really opened my eyes to horror and what it could offer, i experienced so much during the first viewing. I had never seen a vampire movie before, so wasn't even sure of the concept "vampire". Although I grew up watching Count Duckula, that doesn't really count.

The next movie that really peaked my interest was Wes Cravens' Scream (1996) This movie broke all the typical cliches of slasher movies, i thought it was written incredibly well Kevin Williamson is a genius, it was clever, funny and sexy all rolled into one movie.

I have since watched numerous horrors from most sub-genres and looking forward to writing various articles about my horror journey.

If you have read this and it hasn't bored you to death, thank you!

Tash


1 comment: